Saturday, June 5, 2010

I don't remember that from sex ed class!

I just watched the documentary The Business of Being Born.

I was sobbing at the end, from the beauty of it, from the amazing blessing given to those women, and from my own indescribable ache.

My longing is suffocating. My desire is monumental. My ache is deep and vicious.

I recommend seeing the movie, even if you are dead set against home births, it's still a VERY interesting movie. With a lot of valuable information.

Not that I am any where close to delivering a baby (considering that first one must actually be able to get pregnant), but I've been thinking that I like the idea of midwifery. I don't want to be given pitocin or an epidrual. I don't want to be attached to an IV and unable to move. I don't know if I want to give birth laying down with my legs in stirrups. Of course I'm also not saying that I want to deliver a baby in my sleep number bed, either.
I need to get pregnant first, before I start coming up with a birth plan, I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. I've wanted to watch this since the moment you told me about it. I love you.

    ReplyDelete