Sunday, February 21, 2010

weekends...

I love weekends. I love lounging in bed way past the Sun's wake up call. I love drinking coffee beside my husband (a real treat, since he leaves the house about an hour before I do in the mornings). I love not necessarily having to put on "real clothes" right away. I love chasing the pup all day. I love that the biggest decision to make is whether or not to make cinnamon rolls or hop in the car for a McDonald's breakfast. I love catching a movie in the middle of the afternoon.

This weekend we saw Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief this weekend. It was a pretty good movie, so good that I decided to start the book, too.

Sunday nights are my least favorite part of the weekend. The dishes in the sink mock me. The pile of laundry that I neglected all weekend snarls at me. The stinky trash has to be taken to the curb and lunches need to made. The idea of having to go in to work tomorrow makes me want to put a stop to the ticking clock, snuggle up to the hubs, and avoid being an adult.

1 comment:

  1. the clothes here at this apartment are mocking me too.
    They belong to Mike. So, I am greatly reminded of how he isn't here.
    PLUS they have to be put into some sort of order to be shipped to Germany.
    I'd rather watch the gilmore girls! what's the crazy Rory gonna do now?
    As far as the breakfast option...orange sweet rolls are divine...:)

    ReplyDelete