Friday, March 5, 2010

the fifth of march

I don't want to go to work today. I want to stay here, with my cup of coffee, blanket, and sweater. I want to sit in my living room and listen to the silence, to the house making it's settling noises, to the heat kicking on, to the birds chipping their hellos, to the smacking sounds my pup makes when she swallows. Today I want to not put on "real clothes", skip on the make up, put my hair in a pony tail, and stay right here.

It's too loud when I get to work. Gossip is loud even in whispers. I can't listen to it today. The sun is up and happy, and I can't fool with listening to gossip. I don't really care who's kid did what last night, said this or that, etc. I just want my coffee, my silence, and a little bit of time to myself.

1 comment:

  1. when someone tells you what their kid did, tell them what chloe did :)

    ReplyDelete